Sunday, March 8, 2015

Something Like a Fireside Chat, or, Knock-Knock, Who's There?

Hello to all my dear readers,

This weekend is the official start to my spring break from teaching at the charter school where I work. Not that it's going to be a huge break, since my wife and I aren't traveling and there is plenty of work in preparing for the return from spring break. But I'm taking some time for myself; going running a few times and I'm working on a larger review of a really compelling interview that I listened to recently (it was an episode of The One You Feed, if anyone would like to listen to it before I publish my review and commentary).

All that being said, what I'm wanting to do this week is take a step back and share with you all the ways that you can connect with me and be a part of creating a larger conversation on the Interwebz. Because, truth be told, I don't just publish this blog because I need an outlet for all the ideas bouncing around in my head (although that is one of the reasons I publish this blog). I also write and publish what I do because I want to spark conversations online.
So what that means is that you want to know more about me, or you are curious about any of the resources I make use of, or if it's simply that I gave air to some idea or question that stirred within you, please leave a comment and say so. I'm sure there's at least one other person, if it's not me, who would love to say how it resonated with them, too.

If you access my blog through my Facebook page, please share and like my posts. All of that contributes to the spread of the conversation. I know most of you come in through Facebook, so it would be great to see big conversations spreading there.

If you're one of my treasured tweeps, I love to have re-tweets and replies when I tweet my new posts (actually, that's a lie; I love to have re-tweets and replies at any time). If you're not already one of my tweeps, please help me make that connection with you. I tweet @thebonespeaker and you can get a constant feed of what I do with the widget I've installed over on the right side of my blog.

For those of you who are out on Google+, aloof from all the mainstream social media, you've got the drop on everyone else in terms of accessing my blog first and making comments. Since this blog is published using Google space, the comments section is synced with Google+. That means that if you've got a Google+ profile, you don't need to create a new profile to make comments. So please share your thoughts and share the post, if you feel so moved.

Finally, if you're one of those who don't understand what people see on social media, you can circumvent that whole process and just sign up to get my posts sent straight to your inbox. I recently installed a widget (down on the right-hand side menu) for just that purpose. But if you come in through an email notice, please don't skip the conversations that start in the comments. I've never really been interested in being the unquestionable sage on the stage with my blog... I just want to plant a seed of conversation and grapple with the ideas that consume my thoughts. It may be one of you, readers, who has the insight that I've been looking for.

Here's looking forward to great conversation!


No comments:

Post a Comment